Skip to main content

Kannawidan, InTAYOn Ilocos Sur!!

 The Kannawidan Festival is an annual celebration held here in Ilocos Sur, that honors the cultural heritage and the separation of the province from Ilocos Norte. It typically takes place in late January to early February and marks the founding anniversary of the province. The Kannawidan festival is significant for several reasons. 

First, the festival helps keep local traditions and culture alive. It showcases the history, music, and dances of the Ilocano people, making sure these important parts of their identity are remembered.

Next, is that it boosts the province's economy. Celebrating the festival supports local businesses by attracting visitors. Farmers and local sellers can sell their products, which helps the community grow.

Lastly, is for social purposes. The festival brings people together. It encourages everyone, especially the younger generation, to participate in activities and learn about their heritage, creating a strong sense of community.




References:

*https://images.app.goo.gl/RbVe1CsskBwKV6ZPA

*https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=https%3A%2F%2Faichannel.wordpress.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2011%2F02%2F18.jpg&tbnid=WIPJhUjRml9CiM&vet=1&imgrefurl=https%3A%2F%2Faichannel.wordpress.com%2F2011%2F02%2F09%2Fkannawidan-ylocos-festival-uppat-a-tawenen-a-mangitantandudo-kadagiti-kultura-ken-tradision-ti-ilocos-sur%2F&docid=1SfjXZCQZzfA3M&w=3888&h=2592&itg=1&hl=en-GB&source=sh%2Fx%2Fim%2Fm1%2F4&kgs=9bca9160a79581e9

*https://images.app.goo.gl/Sa6nsxWv49BoaN4d9

*https://images.app.goo.gl/fV4VQrySCWkvMKu58

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Rain, A Reflection of Myself

Droplets falling, and falling. It is the rain that has been fascinating me due to its rhythmical sounds on the roof and soothing melody by soil downed out of the ground, as the smell lingers through the air. But on a much more profound level, though, the importance that the rain holds for me is that it mirrors who I am inside. It represents my feelings that is spilling over with thoughts and emotions. Just like the rain keeps falling from up abov e, so are the thoughts and emotions sometimes overwhelming inside me. At times, one does not know just how the rain is going to be, and just like that, confusion knocks on the door, and it can get out of hand. For a moment, the bright sunshine might come out, and before you know it, dark clouds gather and unleash their wrath. There, the same goes for my mood, it behaves just like that, smooth one moment, then starts to grow turbulent, and at that very moment, I get lost, and things happening around me make no sense. The ability to regenerate a...

A Journey Unfolds with these Codes

 Reflecting on this past quarter, I’ve gained valuable lessons that have significantly influenced my perspective and approach to various aspects of my life. One of the most important lessons has been coding. For me, coding have been both enlightening and transformative.  I approached coding with a mix of excitement and apprehension, unsure of my ability to grasp the concepts. However, I choose to nourish and build my skills from each activities and assignments.                                     Source  As I look ahead, I am committed to applying these lessons to ensure continued growth and success. By integrating these lessons into my daily life, I am confident that I will be better equipped to face future challenges and seize opportunities that come my way.

Heroes of our Nation

  I suppose what makes National Teachers Month Celebration 2024 significant is how teachers leave a great impact on one's life. The theme "Together4Teachers" speaks to me in a really great way because it cuts through unity and appreciation in teaching. Source Teachers are the unsung heroes of the education system, our second parents. In recognition and appreciation of those selfless and tirelessly devoted teachers, with unassuming humility, who have dedicated themselves to inspire and guide us students, we thank them from the bottom of our hearts. Source I want to take this opportunity to thank the heroes who made a difference in my life, teaching me on how to become better version of myself. A celebration for them shall be an investment in our nation's future, for the next generation.